Soudal Soudafoam FR
Soudafoam FR is a single-component, self-expanding, ready-to-use polyurethane foam which has a fire rating of up to 240 minutes in certain configurations according to EN 1366-4. It uses CFC-free propellants that are completely harmless to the ozone layer. Every can comes with a straw adapter for quick, simple, and convenient application to fill gaps, cavities, and joints. With its high-yield formulation and an expansion value of 30 to 40x, each 750 ml can of Soudafoam FR can be expected to create up to 30 litres of cured, fire-resistant foam.
- Manufactured with Soudal’s proprietary open-cell PU foam technology
- Fire-rated up to 4 hours
- Prevents the passage of smoke and gas through a joint
- Excellent adhesion on most substrates (except PTFE, PP, and PE)
- High thermal and acoustical insulation
- Very good filling capacities
- Comes with straw adapter; no other accessories required
750 ml pressurised aerosol cans, 12 cans / carton
- Fire-rated for up to 4 hours to achieve passive fire protection through compartmentalization
- Prevents the spread of fire, heat, smoke, and gases through a joint
- High yield formulation to achieve large running metres and filling capacities
- Includes straw applicator for fuss-free and simple applications
- Self-expanding to easily fill up large gaps and cavities
- Open-cell technology for faster curing times, better insulation, and higher strength
- Excellent dimensional stability means no excessive curing and post-expansion pressure
- Will not shrink or collapse
- Can even be used as an insulating adhesive for mounting and bonding
- Superb shelf-life with little degradation of performance after storage
- Made in Belgium by the one of the world’s largest PU foam manufacturers
- Installation of fireproof doors
- Installation of fireproof windows
- Fire and smoke retardant sealings of connections between partition walls, floors, and ceilings
- Installation of fire-rated boards and other fire-rated materials
- Any filling, bonding, or mounting application requiring fire-retardant characteristics or a fire-rated product, such as:
- Sealing of all openings in roof constructions
- Sealing of cable and pipe penetrations
- Creation of a sound-proof screen
- Bonding of insulation materials
- Application of sound-deadening layers
- Improving thermal insulation in cold store areas
Health and Safety Recommendation
- Apply the usual industrial hygiene.
- Wear gloves and safety goggles.
- Only use in a well-ventilated place, away from sources of fire and ignition.
- Removed cured foam only by mechanical means. Do not burn away.
- Consult label and safety data sheet for more information.
- Shake the can for at least 20 seconds before use
- Moistening the substrate surface and foam surface will promote adhesion and fine cell structure
- Can must be upside down to extrude foam
- Fill holes and cavities only 50%, as foam will expand
- Cured foam must be protected from UV radiation – we recommend applying a sealant such as PERESEAL FR
- Always store can with the valve pointed upwards
- Generally, this product is one-time use; storage for follow-up use is possible but not guaranteed
- Warrington No. 9297D
- Warrington No. 13429D
- ITB NP-2049.2/2009
- ITB NP-0249.1/2009